Monday, February 07, 2005

Vacation Report

Well... I am back. I'm not too happy about it, but whatcha gonna do. By popular demand, here is my "what I did on my summer (winter) vacation" report.

Where I went
I was in Cocoa Beach Florida to visit my Mother and Step Father. It is great to have your family live in an area where you can visit and vacation at the same time. It was really great seeing them again even tough they took every opportunity to try to embarrass me in front of my girlfriend.

What I did
As any good left wing elitist would do, I spent most of my time windsurfing and surfing at the Banana River Windsurfing Resort. If you like to windsurf and surf, there is no better place to do both in the same place. The owner is also one of the best instructors in the nation, so if you ever wanted to learn, this is the place to do it. The wind was great for windsurfing, but the waves were fairly brutal (which I am still paying for).

What I read
God's Politics by Jim Wallis. If you are left or right, this is a must read for anyone who is interested in politics and how religion ties in. I give it two thumbs up.

Most exciting moment
We went up to the Kennedy Space Center for the tour and exhibits. I don't care how old you are, I think everyone reverts to a 10 year old dreamer when taking the tour and seeing a Titan V rocket up close.

Second most exciting moment
I was really glad that the elections when as smoothly as they did. The results so far look fairly discouraging, but I will give kudos to the elections as a whole.

Most obnoxious moment
Watching the State of the Union (which was pretty blasé if you ask me) when the doofus Congressmen held up their purple fingers. I'm sorry, but it was completely obnoxious and out of place. It reminded me of the idiot sports fan who paints their body the team colors and then runs around screaming, "woohoo!! we won!! we kicked their asses!! woohoo!!" No... you didn't do jack. The players out on the field took the hits. You just watched from the stands. An Iraqi who risked their lives to vote... they can hold their fingers up in pride. The Congressmen who did it need a good slap up side the head. It wasn't solidarity, it was just obnoxious and quite embarassing.

Saddest moment
Coming home :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun. Thanks for the update.

Chris P/M