Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Lieberman Goes Down

Unfortunately for the Democratic party, the Democrats in Connecticut decided not to renominate Joe for the Senate. This is very disheartening to me. He was a great leader in the party, and while no one ever agrees with any politician all of the time, I agreed with him most of the time. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out if Lieberman runs as an independent. I think he has a substantial chance of winning over both the Republican and Democrat. If the Republican ends up winning, the Dems have just blown a big hole in both their feet.

Lieberman Defeated in Democratic Primary

Lamont Relied On Net Roots -- And Grass Roots

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Obviously I approach this from the other side of the political divide, but I think the last two elections could have easily produced a Democratic President named Lieberman.

This does not help the Dems push a "large tent" agenda at all.