Monday, November 29, 2004

Halliburton Loses More of Your Tax Dollars

Does this really surprise anyone. I admit that things are a mess over there but this is ridiculous. Take a look at you office space... look at all the things on you desk... your computer, your phone, papers, documents, stapler, tape dispenser, etc, etc. Now imagine you lost a third of them. Your boss would fire you in a heart beat. I deal with a lot of documents (and I mean a lot). If I were to lose a third of them, not only would I lose my job, but I would probably be sued for professional malpractice. Halliburton has had so many problems but no one seems to care in the Bush Administration. They fleeced the American tax payers, they were involved in bribes. And yet, they have not even been given a slap on the wrist as of yet. Under federal law, if there are under criminal investigation, the government should be withholding 15% of the payments. Is this being done? no... I suppose that is why the FBI has opened an inquiry into possible favoritism from the Bush administration.

Audit: Halliburton Lost Track of Property
By JOHN SOLOMON, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON - A third or more of the government property Halliburton Co. was paid to manage for the U.S.-led Coalition Provisional Authority in Iraq could not be located by auditors, investigative reports to Congress show... (Full Story).

No comments: