Tuesday, December 20, 2005

NY Transit Strike

Well, the NY transit strike is on. No subway. No busses. I really feel bad for all of the people who live in the outer boroughs who commute into Manhattan every day. They live pay check to pay check, and if they can't get into work, they don't get paid. I am lucky. If need be, I can go to the local coffee shop which has internet access and work from there.

But for today, I gotta say, I love the strike. I rollerbladed into work today. 5th Ave and Madison were blocked off to all but emergency vehicles, which gave me a clear shot from my apartment all the way into work. Past all the hotels and landmarks, no traffic or traffic lights to worry about. It was cold this morning, but I got to say, it was nice rollerblading into work. And hey, what better excuse for a casual Tuesday.

To everyone else in NY, I wish you the best in getting around during the strike. I hope that it ends before we get any snow or rain.

To lighten the mood, here is the latest from Jib-Jab

H/T for Jib Jab - Linnet

2 comments:

SC&A said...

I love those guys- I just listened to 4 or 5 of their productions. Great heads up.

Roller blading? Tell me there is no spandex involved...

Dingo said...

are you kidding me. It is 22 degrees outside. I would have gotten frostbite in rather bad areas of my anatomy