Friday, May 26, 2006

Real Big Fish

I just have to file this one under funny. This is a week old, but I still needed to comment. I am not bashing the president for this. After all, we have all told "fishing stories" that added a pound or two the the size of the days catch. When Bush was asked about the best moment of his presidency, he said:

I would say the best moment of all was when I caught a 7.5 pound perch in my lake,” [Bush] told the newspaper in an interview published on Sunday.


But, I do have to say:

a) it is an artificial lake.

b) it is stocked and he is the only one with access.

c) The largest perch ever caught is 4lbs 12oz.

d) THIS WAS HIS GREATEST MOMENT IN THE PAST 6 YEARS?!?!?!

Well, come to think about it... he is right. That was his greatest moment.

I heard afterwards, Cheney came over and bagged a 32 pound blue gill with his shotgun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

a 32-pound bluegill? i heard it was a 170-pound lawyer, but maybe that was after a few beers had inflated the story...