Friday, January 14, 2005

Ooops... My Bad

Bush finally admits he has made some mistakes (kind of) in his word usage(still not admitting the really big ones and obvious mistakes). Bush was interviewed by reporters yesterday (Link):

"Sometimes, words have consequences you don't intend them to mean," Bush said Thursday. "'Bring 'em on' is the classic example, when I was really trying to rally the troops and make it clear to them that I fully understood, you know, what a great job they were doing. And those words had an unintended consequence. It kind of, some interpreted it to be defiance in the face of danger. That certainly wasn't the case."

Ya-think? when you are trying to pacify a country, maybe the best thing is not to make a challenge to the people we are trying to pacify.

In the week after the Sept. 11 attacks, Bush was asked if he wanted bin Laden, the terrorist leader blamed for the attacks, dead.
"I want justice," Bush said. "And there's an old poster out West, that I recall, that said, 'Wanted, Dead or Alive.'"
Recalling that remark, Bush told the reporters: "I can remember getting back to the White House, and Laura said, 'Why did you do that for?' I said, 'Well, it was just an expression that came out. I didn't rehearse it.'

Yes... good idea... the world already thinks you are a maverick cowboy with no sense of rule of law... lets bring frontier justice into the picture, too.

"I don't know if you'd call it a regret, but it certainly is a lesson that a president must be mindful of, that the words that you sometimes say. ...

Well, I'll be... president has got be mindful of his words? Well no sh*t Sherlock. when did this great epiphany come to you... while you were on the can?

Seriously, how this man got 51% of the vote still baffles the hell out of me.

No comments: