Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Pat Robertson is Drinking His Own Kool-Aid

Keeping with the discussion of the judiciary and supreme court from my last post, I was just put onto this whopper coming from the Supreme Leader of Clinically Insane. Apparently, Pat continues to think that he is God's PR man. Pat is claiming that God told him that:

"I will remove judges from the Supreme Court quickly, and their successors will refuse to sanction the attacks on religious faith." Robertson also said that he "heard it from the Lord" that President Bush will have Social Security and tax reform passed and that Muslims will turn to Jesus Christ.


But this is not even the first time that the big guy upstairs has told Pat that three justices would soon be knocking on heavens gate. He also called for God to remove them in 2003.

God also told Pat

He loves America as much as we do, and He does not wish to destroy it.

Whew... Glad God doesn't hate us like he hate Argentina...

[on Gay Day at Disney World] "I would warn Orlando that you're right in the way of some serious hurricanes and I don't think I'd be waving those flags in God's face if I were you, This is not a message of hate; this is a message of redemption. But a condition like this will bring about the destruction of your nation. It'll bring about terrorist bombs; it'll bring earthquakes, tornadoes and possibly a meteor."
"The 700 Club" June 6, 1998

Oh... so that is why the hurricans hit Florida. And here I was, thinking it was just random chance... Silly me.

It is interesting, that termites don't build things, and the great builders of our nation almost to a man have been Christians, because Christians have the desire to build something. He is motivated by love of man and God, so he builds. The people who have come into (our) institutions (today) are primarily termites. They are into destroying institutions that have been built by Christians, whether it is universities, governments, our own traditions, that we have.... The termites are in charge now, and that is not the way it ought to be, and the time has arrived for a godly fumigation.
New York Magazine, August 18, 1986

So, is that why Tom DeLay, an ex-insect exterminator is in Congress?


Apperantly, God and Pat have gone out for a beer and chatted plenty of times

February 15, 1988, Washington Post article, Robertson said, "I heard the Lord saying 'I have something else for you to do. I want you to run for president of the United States.'" The same article noted that during one campaign stop during the 1988 presidential race, Robertson stated: "This is where God wanted me to be. ... Here I am in New Hampshire, before a major primary." He then said, "I assure you that I am going to be the next president of the United States,"


God can be such a kidder can't he... The truth is... none of his predictions ever seem to come true. Maybe, Pat is not really hearing the voice of God... Hmmmm, just a thought.

The really really scary thing is is that I took this quiz and could not tell the difference between Robertson, Falwell, and Bin Laden. See if you can do better...

H/T Funny Strange and Media Matters

1 comment:

Smoke Eater said...

Dude, Pat has been drinking the kool-aid for YEARS! Is it any wonder that most Christians DON'T watch him any more? I prefer my small town Church where the Pastor shops at the same place I do for groceries and is held to his word by EVERY MEMBER of his congregation. He may not be as "educated" as Robertson, but he's a lot smarter, I guarantee that!