Thursday, January 27, 2005

Yet Another Conservative Journalists Comes Clean

Bush is finally calling an end to his Administrations illegal use of tax payer money to pay journalists to propagandize policy initiatives. This comes a day after Maggie Gallagher, a syndicated columnist, admits that she "forgot" to tell her readers about her financial connections to the Bush White House. She had taken $21,500 from the Health and Human Services Department to help create materials promoting the agency's $300 million initiative to encourage marriage.

She said it never occurred to her to tell readers about her work for the government. "I should have disclosed a government contract when I later wrote about the Bush marriage initiative. I would have, if I had remembered it. My apologies to my readers."

At least I know, since Democrats do not control the White House or the Congress, that journalists speaking against proposed legislation are not getting payoffs to do it. Investigations are ongoing into several of these White House payoffs.

Bush Orders an End to Hiring Columnists


No comments: