Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Katrina Hearings in a Nut Shell

I wanted to give you all a preview of the Republican run Katrina hearings. Below is the future question and answer session between Michael Brown, former head of FEMA, and an un-named Republican Chairman.


SENATOR: Mr. Brown, did...

BROWN: Brownie...

SENATOR: Excuse me?

BROWN: Brownie... please call me Brownie.

SENATOR: Uh, sure... Mr. Brown, er, Brownie. Did you know that a hurricane could have hit the US?

BROWN: Yes, yes, I was aware of some reports that hurricanes have in fact existed in the past?

SENATOR: Did you read any newspapers on August 23rd, 24th, 25th, 26th or 27th?

BROWN: Yes, yes I did.

SENATOR: And did you read the headlines of any of those newspapers?

BROWN: Uh, yes, I believe I did.

SENATOR: And what were those headlines, Mr. Brown?

BROWN: Uh, I believe the headline were, "Hurricane Katrina Determined to hit the Gulf Coast." Now, the...

SENATOR: Thank you.

BROWN: No, Senator...

SENATOR: I will get into the...

BROWN: I would like to finish my point here.

SENATOR: I didn't know there was a point.

BROWN: Given that -- you asked me whether or not it warned of a hurricane.

SENATOR: I asked you what the title was.

BROWN: You said, did it not warn of huricanes. It did not warn of hurricanes inside the United States. It was historical information based on old reporting. Those newspapers you speak of were days old. There was no new threat information. And it did not, in fact, warn of any coming hurricanes inside the United States on the 29th.

SENATOR: Well, there he have it then. Clinton is at fault!....Hearing adjourned! And please join us in the rotunda for free refreshments and tax breaks.

No comments: