Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Justice Sunday II - Zell Miller

I have been looking for the full text of Zell Miller's speech for two days now. Needless to say, it was as nutty as ever and just goes to show the "quality" of nut that they invite to these events.

Zell started talking about how they will arrest judges who hang the Ten Commandments in their court rooms (hmmm... don't seem to remember anyone ever getting arrested). He then went on to compare putting warning signs on gas pumps not to smoke, and the ten commandments in the courtroom.

"How is it that the government thinks we need a no smoking sign by gas pumps to remind us that danger, but not think we need a reminder of the danger of a sinful lifestyle."

Maybe... and correct me if I am wrong... but it may be due to the fact that not honoring thy mother and father won't cause a gigantic ball of fire to engulf you and everyone within a 100 yards.

I really wish I could find the entire transcript somewhere because the entirety of it is even odder than just this snippet. I had better be careful of what I say. He may just bursting into my office and carve a big Z into my chest with his nimble rapier.

1 comment:

SC&A said...

It just occured to me that Zell Miller and Robert Byrd ought to co author a book of their most memorable speeches.

These guys have spent way too much too much time in politics.