Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Katrina Relief Effort

Once again, I am calling on all Americans to help out the best they can to the devestated citizens of the Gulf Coast. I am still waiting to hear from Boomr, who was with his family, Mr. and Mrs. D (and assuming his sister also), in Gulfport, MS.

The areas hit by Hurricane Katrina are some of the poorest sections of this country. Southern Louisiana and Mississippi have been economically depressed for 100 years.

After 9/11, thousands of New Orleans citizens were climbing over each other in order to be the first in line to help. There were lines out the door to donate blood and money to the Red Cross to help. Cars were backed up allong all along Howard street as firemen walked along, carrying buckets for donations. Now Howard St is under water.

Now they need our help. I urge you to donate to the Red Cross Disaster relief fund.

7 comments:

SC&A said...

Let us know when you hear from boomr.

Dingo said...

I will. Things don't look good, but I am keeping faith.

a) He has a very important job to perform for me next summer.

b) His mother still owes me a homemade lasagna dinner

c) He floats.

SC&A said...

While I appreciate the humor, let me know ASAP when you hear from him.

He's has enough gumbo. He can live in Chapel Hill now.

Bryan said...

Yet another person in the "Where's Boomr" hunt checking in here. He's one of my top 5 favorite people over at the doc's place. (The docs are the top 3, of course.)

Nope, not tellin what order. (But Carl, you are first, of course. That would be important to you.)

I'll keep checking in. Thakns for the link to the RC fund, I'm stealing it for my own blog. (Maybe all 2 of my readers will get it.)

C.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dingo said...

What a freakin time to get spammers.

Sorry guys, no news on Boomr as of yet. I refuse to be anything but optimistic.