Monday, August 22, 2005

Pat Robertson - Gays are Responsible for Abortion

Yes, that is right folks. The very people who can have children are the ones responsible for all the abortion in the US.

From the August 16 edition of the Christian Broadcasting Network's The 700 Club:

ROBERTSON: I had interviewed a lady who was a sociologist who says "I am a lesbian," but she described homosexuality in this term, she said, "They are self-absorbed narcissists." I want you to put that down -- self-absorbed narcissists who are willing to destroy any institution so long as they can have affirmation of their lifestyle. You go back to the various laws that took away the difficulty of getting a divorce, and the people leading the charge were homosexuals, way back in the '70s. So we have no-fault divorce. Who are leading the charge for abortions? Now they want to destroy marriage.

Really? It was the homosexuals who lead the fight for abortion? The people who can't have children without adoption of artificial insemination? Am I getting this right?

3 comments:

MaxedOutMama said...

Okay, this cracked me up.

But after I stopped laughing I thought a bit, and there is at least some vague truth to his statement. There is a complicated interaction between the women's movement, a few influential lesbians and an attempt to overthrow traditional concepts of marriage, etc.

You can only really overthrow that traditional concept if you have abortion on demand to back up birth control and guaranteed, generous welfare benefits for unmarried mothers.

So I would have to say that there is a germ of truth in what he is saying. I also have to say that the lesbians I have known have without fail been exceptionally levelheaded and kind people. I strongly suspect that they are the despair of the revolutionaries who really hate and want to extinguish them from any significance in society.

Dingo, culture and currents of thought are complicated, complicated things. I would say that our democracy has, overall, worked to generate a moderate, self-motivated population (and most gays & lesbians fit into that group), but that in the last 30 years or so the academic voices of our society have decisively deviated from the norm.

Dingo said...

Well, MoM, it is not like people such as Pat Robertson are deviating from the norm either and these people have a lot of influence over millions of Americans.

Musicguy said...

I had no idea that having sex with my boyfriend casued abortions. I'm so happy the very Christian Mr. Robertson has enlightened my feeble, homosexual brain.